Monday, February 15, 2010

More Snow in Southwest Tennessee

We have gotton another heavy dusting of snow - as I hear, Tennessee is one of 49 states with snow on the ground today! I also had to include pictures of the strange ice cycles that grow UP from the ground here in heavy clay country. I had never seen this before - the heavy clay soil here doesn't absorb moisure - it just holds it so during a hard freeze, the ground opens up and these ice cycles grow - UP! They are 1 to 2 inches long - are 'crunchy' to walk on - and just fascinate me!





Oh, these daffodils did my heart good when I first saw almost 2 weeks ago - I thought FOR SURE spring was about to unfold! Last spring, they had bloomed before March - so I am hoping they do again this spring!!






1 comment:

  1. I've seen those clay-cicles once here in PA, when conditions were just right--really amazing! Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete