Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Recent Family Quilts....

 Another 4sister quilt - this one is a bedrunner using 3 blocks from a 4sister block swap a few years ago = I love how these blocks look together....
 A baby quilt for Great-Grandpa Leeka's newest great-grandson......
 This years 4sister quilt, finished just in time for the big reveal in PA!
 Our rules for 2013 - we each selected a fabric and sent 2 yards to next sister. Using the colors from that fabric, she made 18 9-patch blocks (Block A) and sent the 2 yards original fabric and blocks to next sister. She then made Block B - the star block. And sent on the whole package to the next sister. And that sister then put together the quilt top for the big reveal in October.
 So this quilt belongs to sister Jayne - sister Joyce made the A blocks, sister Jo made the B blocks and I put it together. Yes, I got a little carried away! I added the feathered star in the center and since I have a longarm, I also quilted and bound it for Jayne - so she received a finished bedquilt - it finished out about 106" square.


No comments:

Post a Comment