Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Jayne's 4-Sister King Sized Quilt

 This is one of our latest 4-sister quilts - this is Jayne's quilt. Sister Joyce made the 'A' blocks - the 9 patch. Sister Jo made the 'B' blocks - the star blocks. They chose their colors based on the darker blue print that Jayne had selected to begin.
 My task was to assemble the quilt top -  - since I own a longarm, I also offered to quilt it for her - which she quickly accepted. AND - since I had not yet made a bed quilt for Jayne - I took the A and B blocks, added lots and made a king-sized quilt for her. I started with a feathered start - I love making them, using techniques I learned in a Quilt University online class.
 Another technique I love to use is based on Dale Fleming's 6-minute circle - I made a template with freezer paper, made a mirror image of it - ironed/glued/sewed and trimmed and made the curved muslin insets - love it!

The extra A and B blocks I pieced into the backing.

I am reposting this quilt with a little more detail to the story to enter it into Blogger's Quilt Festival in the Bed Quilt category. Use this link to vote!Bed Quilts
Use the link below to see the entire Festival.... Thanks Amy!

AmysCreativeSide

2 comments:

  1. The quilting you did is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO gorgeous! I am partial to a feathered star and the colors are lovely! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete