Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cast - Artquilt

 Casting all your care upon Him - for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
 A small artquilt pieced and handpainted by me. I started with a yellow piece of fabric, painted the praying silhouette in blue - with the image of the woman praying literally casting her rock/burden away.

I finished the piece with some very small/tight feathers - but I didnt' want quilting on the face - so I stabilized it, fusing it to the batting. The edge is finished with a very thin binding which I really had to work at - to get the blue to stop at the edge of the blue silhouette, then continue yellow, then change back to blue.
It was a tough project to finish - but very important to me. This verse is a vital message to each of us - claim it, live it - God bless!

I am posting this artquilt to enter it into the Blogger's Quilt Festival in the art quilt category - vote for it with this link - Art Quilts

To see the whole festival - use this link! Thanks Amy!

AmysCreativeSide

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. I'm so glad I clicked on the photos to get a closer look at this beautiful quilt.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete