Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Baby's Wallhanging and Quilt with Poly=blend fabrics

 Finally finished just today this baby's wallhanging top - on to the quilting now. It is for a new friend here locally - she embroidered the blocks. It is a gift for her grandbaby. I thought it important to line up the dots in the background fabric as much as possible - goodness, this is the most I have ever used my seam ripper.
 Still can't seem to throw those scraps away! So I used them to make this small top - big enough for changing diapers, I think.
 This quilt is made by Diane - she made it over ten years ago, a beautiful pastel quilt of blues and peach. The outer border fabric and backing are a poly-blend. I was concerned how well it would quilt - but it worked beautifully - I really like how the fabric really emphasizes the quilting.
A picture of the peach backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment