Saturday, August 10, 2013

Recent Quilting

 A beautiful wallhanging made by Dolores. I took this picture in the morning sun, hoping the quilting would show - so hard to photograph quilting on dark fabrics. I added a diamond in the square with my quilting - lots of feathers, some stippling. This quilt measure 36x36 = I used a little over 3 bobbins on it - lots of thread!
 Her applique is edged with a technique new to me - it is an iron on polyester ribbon - supposed to be permanent - beautiful effect.
 Another beautiful quilt by Dolores - the flower added is her own design - just sets this quilt off beautifully - and such a pleasure to work on. I put feathers in the border with a dark grape thread then used a light purple for the center of the quilt. It is a large lap quilt so to keep it soft to snuggle, I did a loose allover.


 And I love the backing fabric she used!
 Some fun and adorable childrens quilts made by Quida - so fun to work on also!

 :Love the eyes - yes, they are fabric applique.
Super cute dalmation in the back of the firetruck and love the water hoses - the spray of water is so cute!
Whoop Whoop Friday - check out this link for other great quilts/quilting this week1

1 comment:

  1. Lovely quilting on those pretty quilts, Johnni!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete