Saturday, August 17, 2013

Barbie Turns 50

 
I painted and pieced this small wallhanging a few years ago in response to a quilting challenge when Barbie turned 50. This is my attempt to show what Barbie has seen in the mirror as she has grown older.
 ........at 20, she still has her 'Barbie-doll' figure
........at 30, her waist isn't as thin - but she still sees her 'Barbie-doll' figure
 ........at 40, with just a few too many sweets thru the years, she has gained a few pounds, a few body parts are starting to sag and of course she has the 'Jennifer Aniston haircut' - didn't we all? - but she still HOPES that she sees her 'Barbie-doll' figure
........at 50, after 10 more years of sweets and gravity, her body has changed a lot - but she now sees herself clearly in the mirror - and that is OK with her!
 I hope this has made you laugh -

Whoop-Whoop Friday - click on this link to see more fun and beautiful quilts made by others....

2 comments:

  1. Great quilt! I feel like it traces my life, except I still had my Barbie figure until my first child was born when I was about to turn 37. The feather quilting is wonderful. I love how you used it to frame Barbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting quilt! Definitely worth a whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete