Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Gradation

 A fast quilt top - literally pieced in a day - using my green scraps and green charms. Used very little green yardage - 99% just scraps! This is why I keep my scraps but I sometimes wish I didn't....
 It finished at 40x57. To add a bible verse to it, I did a bible search on 'green' and used the 23rd Psalm - he makes to lie in green pastures.

 Trying to use bits and pieces I have made but not finished, I dug out some handpainted leaves. Trying to add to it, I have pulled a lot of warm lights to darks, mostly yellows and oranges to stay with the autumn theme of the handpainted pieces. Arranged them in order of value in picture above - which btw cutoff the darks, there are still 4 or 5 more pieces to the right.

I am piecing some leaf blocks. I am picking a fabric, moving to the right by 2 or 3 steps, pick another and so on till I have 4 fabrics. Below are two blocks that I have in the works so far using this technique. A fun technique that I haven';t used before - inspired by Jinny Beyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment