Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pink & Teal LogCabin

 So difficult to photo soft pastels - this is a beautiful, soft, feminine quilt in Pinks and Teals made by Suzie. She wanted it to stay soft - pliable - after quilting, so I used big, long feathers and a kind of wonky loop and curl. I used pink thread on the pink and teal thread on the teal - the back is a soft pastel teal - and both colored threads look good on it!
 In my humble opinion - if a quilt is truly going to be USED on a bed, I think how the back of it looks is so important - strong, dark threads on a light background almost never look good - it is jarring to see - and when you turn down the bed to climb in, I want that turn down to be pleasant to see also. These 2 colors of thread work great on this back!
Tried taking this picture in dappled sunlight - trying to make more of the quilting show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment