Thursday, November 6, 2008

Portrait

'My Favorite Dress'.....painted with inks on fabric, size 23"x18". This was my submission for the Outwin Boochever Portrait Competition 2009 at the National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian.
Received word this week it was not accepted but wished me well in my portrait career. Hmmmm.... a career in portraits......goodness, way too much stress! In '06 and '07 I painted commissioned portraits - about 30 or so - and so stressful. But this was fun submitting a piece to such a prestigious competition and I am grateful for the opportunity to play/work at my art.

4 comments:

  1. You should have win the Competition. It's so beautiful... This Painting remembers me to my Childhood... I loved dresses^^

    Good luck for the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can not figure out why it wasn't accepted and winning awards. Now I know not to bother with that challenge.
    Enjoy the Journey,
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I can't believe it wasn't accepted. I just found your blog from your post on the QA group. I really like your work. The "Orange Back on Top" is really nice as are your sister blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Enter other competitions or shows. I really like all the works you have posted. Hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete