Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gifts, etc.

This is a twin sized quilt I made several years ago - with holes in it to display teddy bears. I plan on making a few small wallhangings using this same technique - with holes for heads and arms - to give to children on my Christmas list this year. Just a fun way to display teddy bears.


I am having lots of fun making these mini framed quilts - so they are on my list of gifts this year for family and friends. They work up quickly - and I have found some cute frames that have the words 'FRIEND' , 'FAMILY' , 'LOVE' printed on the frames - the start of a great gift I think!


Quilted tissue box cover - on this one, I did some pen & ink raccoons, then fused on wood and leaves. These covers are easy to make and just the quilting adds enough body to the cover that it stays on well - doesn't need to be hooked under the box in any way.



For these placemats, I started with an oriental fabric - picked out by someone else and I thought it was UGLY! Which made it a wonderful exercise for me....try starting with a fabric you hate and work it into something you like. It actually became addictive, finding how many fabrics I could add to turn this ugly oriental into pretty placemats. Seven are shown here with my Imari plate on top.




Christmas stockings are an easy project. This one, I painted the Santa face with acrylics on fabric with a curly-cue print which became his beard. Quilted the top of the stocking, added a single piece of material for the back, binding all around, add a top cuff and finished.





Just wanted to share one more painting on cloth using the Tsukineko inks....can you tell I am a big fan? All painted using their Fantastix applicators - great to use for the texture of hair/fur. My male Jack Russell, Feerless, gave me the ultimate compliment on this painting - he started barking when he first saw it - it is life-sized.

No comments:

Post a Comment