Saturday, July 19, 2008

Paintings - Portraits

I had the opportunity to do many commissioned paintings in 2006 and 2007. The boy with his dog is a watercolor - one of my first.








Many clients in West Virginia asked for paintings on river rocks - I used acrylics then would add a spray sealer. The 3d of the rocks added another design element to the painting - fascinating sometimes, disappointing at times, too. This painting of a very lovely older lady worked really well - with the contrast of how classy she is painted on a river rock.







These 2 are also acrylic on river rocks. My one limit was that I had to be able to lift the rock. The beach scene was almost too heavy to carry.

The 2 babies were combined from 2 photos, one baby picture of the father added to the baby picture of his son.

No comments:

Post a Comment