Monday, December 16, 2013

Quilting the Baltimore Album Quilt

I normally show pictures after the quilting is finished - but this is a project that I am currently working on.... I am both honored and scared to be quilting this beautiful hand-applique quilt for a dear lady in the local quilt guild, Jan. She wishes to give this quilt to her granddaughter for Christmas - yup, just 10 days away. But the granddaughter lives in FL - Jan and her husband leave on Thursday so I have 2 days to finish it....

Here are pictures of my start on quilting the Baltimore Album quilt – I am adding lots of feathers – but debating on how much outline quilting to do around the applique – I just don’t have the control to do a good job outlining on the gammil  - so I am thinking...
  • add all the feathers,
  • unload it
  • then on my Viking,  add the outline quilting –
  • Oh, the size of that task just feels overwhelming!
 – so I this afternoon I tried a bit of outline quilting in 2 of the blocks – worked fairly well in one, but I scored about a D+ rating on the 2nd block....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.... \\

 My plan right now is to quilt the feathers as close to the applique as possible then when I unload the quilt, judge which parts need further quilting with outline – and do only those spots, hopefully will be less than 50%!

 Isn't it a gorgeous quilt!




No comments:

Post a Comment