Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Painted Applique

Here is a queen sized quilt I recently finished and sent off for my sister and her husband. It started with a 5" charm pack of Moda fabrics that she gave to me. I set them on point, added solid blocks, surrounded all that with red, added a pieced strip on 2 sides to set it all off center, added an outer border with 2 different widths, painted an applique (inspired by Helen Stubbing and her book Faux Applique) added pieced blocks in one corner for variety. For quilting, I used an allover flower/leaf and a quilt technique from Helen Stubbing's book in the border. Quilting detail and the quilt on a bed are pictured below. And all this in a week!!!









4 comments:

  1. What a lucky sister! It's beautiful and I'm sure she will love it. Is it a surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful, and I love the piece you did to replicate the glass window! What a wonderful idea! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! This is a wonderful gift. The color you got from your inks is lovely. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning. I love the quilting

    ReplyDelete