Monday, November 24, 2014

Recent quilting for Miss Frances and Miss Betty

 This is Miss Betty's oh so cute strip quilt - Halloween style. She chose a solid black backing and a solid purple fabric for the binding. So I used a variegated thread on top and purple in the bobbin. She also had the inspiration to ask for spider webs to be quilted on it - for this, she supplied a bright shiny orange poly thread. It turned out so cute!
 Really love the back of the quilt - the bright orange spider webs really shine!
 I found a cute, easy pattern for pumpkins and bats that I used in the allover....
 This is her beautiful Christmas mandella quilt - uses a 10 degree wedge cutting tool...so pretty!

 This quilt top was started by Miss Frances' mother, finished by her almost 20 years ago. All that bias, I decided to quilt it heavy to get every flat. It worked so well - and stayed soft! I think it is an orange peel pattern.....
 I added the binding for her also. Learned a few tricks for doing a scalloped binding.....
Love this quilt from the back too!

No comments:

Post a Comment