Thursday, October 16, 2008

Melted Elvis on Plastic



This bag is a late birthday gift for my sister. We will be visiting Graceland in a few days - so I made this bag for her.

It is made from red velvet, quilted, decorated with glass beads and with tacky plastic handles. The Elvis panel is a piece of a shopping bag from a previous trip to Graceland. From a technique I learned on quiltart.com - I layered 3 white plastic shopping bags with the grey Elvis bag on top, put all between parchment paper and ironed. The 'lightning bolts' are strips from a bag of coffee - shiny copper colored plastic.

I like the way it turned out but I wonder if she will use it!

2 comments:

  1. TOO FAB!!!! (and I'm not even an Elvis fan)I hope she likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun piece! And having the piece of the elvis bag that you already had adds a nice history to the bag! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete