Thursday, August 28, 2008

Round Robin and 4 Sister Swap

During cleanup in my sewing room, these pieces that did not work when trying to make a fire quilt (see earlier post) got piled together. Very interesting - I think they need to become one! But now a question - where do I find yardage of the loopy material? What you see here is a $5 car wash mit. Notice some of the loops are turning orange? they take pigment ink too!


Here are 2 pictures of a long distance Round Robin. The first picture shows how the quilt top looked when I received it. Next how it looks after of day of playing. There are no rules. And I am the last one in the loop. Since anything goes, I think I may add more - get it to a nice twin sized quilt for charity.











The blocks for my 4 sister swap for August are finished! Our only rule for this swap was to use some of each fat quarter provided by each sister. I added a peach tshirt material and made four sisters.
Two of my sisters were early sending theirs - so have added a picture showing 3 of the 4 blocks.




After finishing my last 4 sister block, I had a pile of small scraps of green and black - just couldn't bring myself to throw them away....so I played! I added 3 pieces of a pale green fairy frost material - mainly to create a strong contrast of a very formal material with a very informal hodge-podge. It makes me think of the edge of a forest - so I may paint in details on the fairy frost. However it finishes, it is destined to be my new laundry room curtain.




1 comment:

  1. Johnni
    I love your 4 sisters block.
    Anyone who sees is bound to smile and that is a great thing!!
    WV misses our celebrity artist and quilter. Keep posting,it makes us feel closer to you.
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete